Sunday 16 February 2020



For today’s blog I am working on the assumption that a picture is worth a thousand words and will write very little. It is Saturday January 11th and I have said goodbye to my hosts at DeLaval. I fly back to Santiago tomorrow morning from Puerto Montt airport, which is 100 km south of here. I spent this day playing tourist, and with a car and driver, still compliments of DeLaval, I visited the dominant landmark of this region, the Orsono volcano situated on the shore of Lake Llanquihue as well as the Petrohue Waterfall, ending the day in the resort town of Puerto Varas. When a PDO tour comes here next year this will make a good tourist day for the group as well.

the 8700 ft high Orsono Volcano 

View from the ski resort on Orsono Volcano

Petrohue Waterfall

The falls with the vocano in the background


Puerto Varas



No comments:

Post a Comment